Monday, June 11, 2007

Duhat and old students

Duhat and old students, how does that sound to you?

I don't know why but I like duhat. I vaguely remember buying duhat while I was still in grade school. My parents, my family, I'm not sure if they eat duhat. So we don't really have duhat at home. I mean no one buys that fruit. So I don't really know if it's in season or not. Yeah, like when to look for it. I remember asking my mom, a couple of weeks/ months ago, if we have Santol, Kamias, guava, mango, mangosteen, pomelo in our farm lot... I was trying to recall every single fruit that I want to eat... and then I asked my mom if we have duhat there and we don't. And then I continued to bug her about other fruits that I like. I also like siniguelas and that fruit from Tita Therese (pretty much like siniguelas but it's green) and camachile and I also like those wild berries they call sampinit. Anyway, sabi ng mommy ko bumili na lang daw ako ng mga fruits na gusto ko. hahaha!:) Oh, but last Saturday, as we were giving away flyers, I saw duhat on a fruit stand. Well, it wasn't exactly a fruit stand but they sell duhat. Oh, and I don't have money... not even a single cent in my pocket. Luckily, I was with Ate Lina (the store manager of Data Exchange) and I got my duhat, my duhat, yehey!:) I washed them with water as soon as we got home. I placed them on a bowl. I added some salt. But it didn't taste right. I was really excited to get duhat but it didn't taste right. Well, I don't exactly remember how it should taste like. So I added more salt and it still didn't feel right so I kept the bowl of duhat in the refrigerator. I was disappointed. Then my mom said something like maybe I should try covering the bowl so I can shake it. I did just that and there, that's the kind of duhat that I like. Happy.:) I should get more fruits.:)

My old students, that's another story. It's a holiday. I have plenty of time to spare so I get to check my Friendster, tagged, blog etc. I also found myself checking out the profiles and pictures of old students and friends. Some of my old students are now 15, 16... wow... and they've matured. They were my babies and now they talk of being heart broken and all. I'm old.

END!:)

No comments: